Monday, June 24, 2013

Savory Sunday - 23 June 2013

This post is a day late, but that's because I spent much of last night shelling peas after dinner.  We pulled out just about all of our pea plants on Saturday.  So far we've weighed about 10 lbs of them.  

Since a few of the plants were snow peas, we used some of them in a stir fry last night.  We also added in some leftover broccoli harvested a while back.


Earlier in the week I tagged along with a youth group from our church to hike King's Peak, the highest point in our state.  I'll probably do another post a little later all about that trip.  I often refer to trailcooking.com for tasty and easy to prepare meals for the trail.  I stumbled across this one for fish tacos, but instead of cabbage, I subbed in some collards from the garden.  It made for a great post-summit meal with protein, carbs, greens, and all the vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants that come with it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment